What is the latest X version on ps2 ?

Richard L. Pettit Jr. richp at romulus.la.locus.com
Sat Dec 8 02:15:20 AEST 1990

In article <5228 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com (Steve Dyer) writes:
>In article <20301 at oolong.la.locus.com> richp at romulus.UUCP (Richard L. Pettit Jr.) writes:
>>The existence of XsightExtension in the AIX server hints at
>>involvement by Locus in the development of the X product.
>
>I know that.  What's it DO?  That's the question! :-)

OS specific stuff.  IPC support; device queries.  It's not a lot of code.

>Setting the XMERGE environment var and running "dos" within an xterm

I said I have an odd software configuration.  I can't bring up an xterm
because it's an R3 xterm.  Won't work on the R4 server.  Therefore, I
just "open Xibm.R4" and then "setenv DISPLAY unix:0.0" and
"setenv XMERGE TRUE" and then "dos &".  Works fine for me.

>the C compiler released with AIX 1.2 is still the AIX 1.1 C compiler, no?

Yes.

>It would not surprise me at all if you were using something later with this

I got the server already-compiled from IBM Kingston.
I haven't the DASD for R4 source.

>Steve Dyer
>dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer
>dyer at arktouros.mit.edu, dyer at hstbme.mit.edu

Rich
----
              Richard Pettit                       Locus Computing Corp.
                                richp at locus.com
        "Opinions expressed herein are of the author, not (LCC or IBM)"