How to test for soft links ??

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Wed Dec 5 02:33:30 AEST 1990

In article <4442 at awdprime.UUCP>, ron at woan (Ronald S. Woan) writes:
Ron> Interesting, I looked in the BSD 4.3 (URM) manual under TEST(1)
Ron> and it makes no mention of the -h manual; are you sure that it's
Ron> not part of your shell somehow? If it is not documented in the
Ron> manual, chances are the AIX programmers didn't know about it...
Ron> In any case, I'll try it out on a Sun at home...  If you are
Ron> using ksh for your shell script, "test -L filename" returns
Ron> existence and symbolic link...

OK checked it out and "-h" is indeed in SunOS 4.0... A value-addded
enhancement to BSD 4.3 by Sun or had it been folded into BSD? I guess
that means, does BSD 4.3 on Vaxes have it?

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +