AIX 3.1 RPC Messages

Fred Criscuolo fred at network.ucsd.edu
Sat Dec 1 06:51:42 AEST 1990

I am new to this newsgroup, so I apologize if this issue has been
addressed previously.  I have an RS/6000 Model 320 with AIX 3.1 and
the following messages keep popping up on my console every few minutes.
There are other RS/6000s on campus, none of which are experiencing this
problem.  Any ideas on how to fix this will be appreciated.
The first message is:
   Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out
   rpc.statd: unable to register (SM_PROG, SM_VERS, udp).
The second message is:
    Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out
    unable to register (NLM_PROG, NLM_VERS, tcp).
Thanks in advance.

Fred Criscuolo
fcriscuo at ucsd.edu
(619) 534-8547