How does an IBM RS/6000 do bidirectional modems ?

Farooq Butt fmbutt at mrbt.sw.stratus.com
Sat Dec 8 05:00:10 AEST 1990

Net.IBMOids:

a simple question for you this time:

  . How does an IBM RS/6000 handle a modem that is to be used both for
    incoming and outgoing calls ? Does it use a "uugetty" type program
    or are kernel changes mandated (like in SunOS) ?

-fmb

--
Hi-Tech Disclaimer: NOTHING in the above article has any relationship
            to reality. If any reality correspondences are found,