Bash trouble

kaboom at lady-day.comp.unix.aix kaboom at lady-day.comp.unix.aix
Sun Dec 2 20:08:23 AEST 1990

I have built bash on our RS/6000, but it's unusable because the
shell will often stop foreground jobs with a ``Stopped (tty output)''
message.  I left NEW_TTY_DRIVER defined in jobs.c, but not in
readline/readline.c.  To compile, I used bsdcc, which, among other
things, defines _BSD and _BSD_INCLUDES, and links with the bsd
library.  All of the other terminal-based functions like line editing
work as advertised.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

---Jon Maiara
kaboom at media-lab.mit.edu