console and syslog

Ronald S. Woan/2100000 ron at woan.austin.ibm.com
Tue Dec 4 10:29:08 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec1.132111.14588 at odi.com>, benson at odi.com (Benson I.
Margulies) writes:
Benson> I only have one RS/6000, GOLD (i guess) + 3001, + 3002, and
Benson> all the lines in /etc/syslog.conf are commented out.
Benson> I have to presume that all of my customers will have the same
Benson> experience, and that someone at your site improved yours.

Commented out is not the same as a zero length file as you indicated
in your previous post. Yes, I started out with the same file and
uncommented the lines and added some, and it seems to work just fine.
If you think that default should be something, call it into IBM as a
bug... I haven't installed a non-IBM machine lately (two years), so I
can't remember what most manufacturers default to.

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +