More hints on SendMail/NFS problem (PS/2 AIX 1.2)

Anthony M. Richardson amr at dukee.egr.duke.edu
Sat Jul 21 14:18:37 AEST 1990

In addition to the problems I mentioned in a previous posting,
I've also noticed that "mail -f mbox" hangs if file mbox is
on a remote file server mounted on my machine.  It works fine
if mbox is on the local drive.  This helps to confirm my earlier
suspicion that mail (sendmail? bellmail?) has trouble
communicating over the network. (The problem may also be due to
the fact that I am doing a "mount fileserver:/usr/amr /u/amr"
instead of a "mount fileserver:/usr /u".  I don't know, but security
restrictions here prevent me from even testing out the latter command.)

Anyway, can anyone tell me how to change the mail file from
$HOME/.newmail to something else?  (The answer is probably in
sendmail.cf, but that file is incomprehensible to me (a UNIX neophyte)).

Thanks,
Tony Richardson      amr at dukee.egr.duke.edu