rs/6000 + nfs home dirs

Paul Graham pjg at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Jul 25 09:32:02 AEST 1990

i have a loaned rs/6000 320.  it's running 9021.  i have sucessfully
mounted the home directories from my timeshare suns and can access
those directories from the ibm.  if i try to login as a user with a
remote directory rlogind hangs in wchannel PGIN instead of forking
a shell.  this doesn't happen with local home dirs.  the machine is
using a local name server and is part of the local NIS domain. i set
everything up using smit.

can anyone tell me what's wrong with this picture?

thanks.