TCP/IP Over SNA

Bob Sutterfield bob at MorningStar.Com
Thu Jul 19 23:40:20 AEST 1990

In article <2812 at awdprime.UUCP> linas at linas.austin.ibm.com (Linas Vepstas/32784) writes:
   If you have a SNA network, there is no way in the world that you
   can hook up a Sun to it.  If you did, every airline reservation
   system in New Jersey would probably burp.

Please don't tell that to our marketing people, who have been selling
our SNA products all over the world on Suns (and plenty of other UNIX
boxes) for several years now - they might get heartburn.  There are
several other folks playing the UNIX<->SNA connectivity game as well,
including (*urp*) Sun Themselves.

   IBM TCP/IP is NOT implemented on top of SNA.

I don't know of anyone who's doing that.  Yet.