AT&T C++ on IBM RS/6000 (AIX 3.1)?

Dave Hale dhale at csm9a.UUCP
Fri Jul 27 08:10:27 AEST 1990

I am trying to port Release 2.1 of the AT&T C++ Language System
to AIX 3.1 on an IBM RS/6000, from a working translator on a
Sun SPARC, but I ran into a snag.

The problem is that the supplied C++ header prototypes in
/incl-master/proto-headers are incompatible with AIX include files.
I was hoping that AIX headers would be close enough to svr3 that
I could use OS=svr3 when building the headers on the RS/6000
(target machine).  But that hope was quickly dashed when
"make fillscratch" failed immediately on the Sun (host machine),
due to missing include files.

Any suggestions for porting AT&T C++ to the RS/6000?

I hope that I won't have to mess with all those proto-headers.
Perhaps someone has already done it and is willing to share.
--
Dave Hale    dhale at csm9a.mines.colorado.edu    (303) 273-3408
Department of Geophysics, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO   80401