System/6000 questions.

Pete "Officially in Limbo" Gregory pete at bally.Bally.COM
Fri Jul 6 03:18:53 AEST 1990

In article <1813 at ks.UUCP> drake at ibmarc.uucp (Sam Drake) writes:
>I can't answer all your questions, but here's a start.
>In article <40900001 at sunb6> voss at sunb6.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>
>>3)  How fast can you push the 320's serial ports?  (I'ld love 56 kbps [ISDN])
>>    (One at a time, or both?)
>
>I couldn't find a number for the built-in serial ports.  The various
>expansion cards that support serial ports (there are 8, 16, and 64 port
>cards available) support up to 38.4Kbps.

Does anyone in IBM-land have data on AGGREGATE throughput rates on serial
ports???  Nearly any modern UNIX box can drive ONE 38.4kbps port at
saturation, but can the RS/6000 drive *64* 38.4kpbs ports at saturation?

Pete Gregory           : uucp:   uunet!bally!pete              |
Bally Systems          : domain: pete at bally.bally.com       ---|---
5270 Neil Rd, Suite 301: phone:  702-689-2485                  |
Reno, NV 89502         : FAX:    702-689-2417                  |

"God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever
believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."    John 3:16