generating assembly from c source

Herbert van den Bergh hbergh at oracle.nl
Wed Jul 11 20:52:21 AEST 1990

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to generate an assembly
source from a c source that can be assembled again with /bin/as?
I'm using AIX 3.1 9021.

On other systems I use there is a -S flag to the cc command which
does this, but not on AIX 3.1.
Trying to fool the compiler by replacing /bin/as doesn't work either
because it isn't invoked at all.

Why do I want this? I'd like to see what data can be put in the text
segment. I think it must be possible to put more in the text segment
than the -qro flag does.

Thanks,

Herbert van den Bergh, ORACLE Europe	hbergh at oracle.nl, hbergh at oracle.com
Rijnzathe 6, NL-3454 PV De Meern	uunet!mcsun!orcenl!hbergh
Phone: +31-3406-94211