SLIP for AIX

Antonio Querubin querubin at uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
Sat Jul 28 22:33:00 AEST 1990

In article <1851 at ks.UUCP> drake at DRAKE.ALMADEN.IBM.COM () writes:
>>querubin at uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Antonio Querubin) writes:
>|> Anyone know where I might be able to find SLIP to run under AIX?  And if it
>|> can coexist with IBM's TCP/IP package - all the better.
>
>Which AIX?  AIX/RT 2.2.1 and AIX Version 3 on the RISC System/6000 have
>it included
>in the system; I don't know for sure about AIX PS/2.

I was asking for AIX PS/2, sorry about the ambiguity.  Version 1.1 of IBM's
TCP/IP package for the AIX PS/2 didn't have SLIP.  We just received version
1.2 of the same package yesterday, and it also doesn't have SLIP support.

Incidentally we received DOS Merge version 1.2 yesterday also but the manual
has version 1.1 stamped on it and it matches the version 1.1 manual.  Anyone
know if the packing people goofed or did IBM decide to leave the manual
unchanged?

querubin at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu