AIX 3.0 lint -- how good?

jsalter at slo.paloalto.ibm.com jsalter at slo.paloalto.ibm.com
Fri Jul 27 02:52:09 AEST 1990

In article <26ADBAD0.5B74 at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>Specifically: Does AIX 3.0 lint know about function prototypes, and
>other ANSI inventions?  If not, we're probably going to *plonk* down
>our money on Gimpel's FlexeLint.

According the InfoExplorer, lint on AIXv3.1 knows about function prototypes
and there are flags to allow you to either ignore or catch all occurances of
such things.

The flag you need is -MA (Enforces ANSI C Language standard).  Without it,
lint defaults into the extended C mode (which you can find out more about
in the C Language Reference Manual).

>adTHANKSvance for all info.
>--
>Chip Salzenberg at ComDev/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!ateng!tct!chip>

jim/jsalter  IBM AWD, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: ibmsupt!jsalter at uunet.uu.net         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
  "Life can be modelled as a hidden Markov process with infinite states and
   no a-priori knowledge of the probability density functions." - dakramer