TCP/IP Over SNA

Linas Vepstas/32784 linas at linas.austin.ibm.com
Thu Jul 19 09:04:43 AEST 1990

Let me try to answer this one...
If you have a SNA network, there is no way in the world that
you can hook up a Sun to it.  If you did, every airline reservation
system in New Jersey would probably burp.

If you have Ethernet, well, just hook the /6000 to it. It'll work.
Use sockets.  They'll work.  IBM TCP/IP is NOT implemented on top
of SNA.  If you have to use SNA, call your IBM Mainframe service rep.
The /6000 supports SNA, but you'll probably have to buy special
hardware to hook up to your s/370 or 3090.

        ^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Yow !!! The opinions represented herein are my own and not my employer's.