IBM X-Windows for PC == Locus pcXsight?

Russell A. Heise RAH at IBM.COM
Tue Jul 24 06:24:28 AEST 1990

 wieland at ea.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey J Wieland) writes:

 > The title says is all -- is IBM's X-Windows For PC oem'ed from Locus?
 > I'm trying to find out which 3Com card IBM's product supports, but
 > no at IBM appears to know.  If IBM is using Locus' software, then I
 > can probably assume that they both support the same network cards.

 Yes, X-Windows comes from Locus' Xsight product.  No, I would not assume
 equivalent support.
 Yes, X-Windows for DOS Users comes from Locus' Xsight product.  No, I
 would not assume equivalent support.  The supported adapters include:
   - Token Ring Adapter
   - Token Ring Adapter/A
   - Ungermann-Bass PC NIC 2274A
   - Ungermann-Bass NIC Model PS/2