More on X11R4 server on IBM RT/AIX-2.2.1/Mpel

Mumit Khan khan at THOR.XRAYLITH.WISC.EDU
Sat Jun 9 06:19:18 AEST 1990

I recently posted an article on my experience with trying to compile
the X11R4 server for IBM RT/AIX/Megapel. YUK! Judging from all the
seems that the IBM server is NOT supported in R4. But to quote from the
RELNOTES.R4,

::systems is available from a wide variety  of  vendors.   The
::servers  in  this  release  have been built on the following
::systems:
::
::               Ultrix 3.1 (both VAX and RISC)
::                        SunOS 4.0.3
::                         HP-UX 6.5
::                       Domain/OS 10.1
::                          A/UX 1.1
::                  AIX RT-2.2 and PS/2-1.1
::                  ^^^^^^^^^^
::                        IBM AOS-4.3
::                          UTEK 4.0
::
::The client libraries and applications have been built on all
::of the above systems, plus:
::
::                        NEWS-OS 3.2
::                        UNICOS 5.0.1
::         UNIX System V, Release 3.2 (AT&T 6386 WGS)

The common problem seems to be in compiling
./server/ddx/ibm/mpel/mpelData.c. It has some union initialization
problems (I can probably take care of his one) and forward
declaration.

Please drop me a line if you've managed to compile the server as the
RELNOTES.txt claims it can be done. As always, E-mail greatly
appreciated.

Mumit. -- khan at xraylith.wisc.edu