RS/6000 and 3rd party SCSI devices

Paul Buster buster at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Wed Mar 7 08:38:51 AEST 1990

We're in the habit of buying CDC WrenV and WrenVI drives for our DECstations
and we're wondering if the RS/6000 and/or AIX support such 3rd party SCSI
devices.  Our first attempt at adding a WrenV to the RS/6000 resulted in
a machine that would not boot up.  We only had fifteen minutes to play with
it, so we have not spent much time trying to make it work --- yet.

We'd appreciate comments on 3rd party SCSI devices that are known to work
and how thay are installed.  We know the IBM drives are very fast, but an
extra 600MB for ~$2400 is an attractive option for us.

thanks.
paul buster
buster at snoopy.Colorado.EDU