Disabling swapping on PS2 AIX 1.1 (how?)

John Ioannidis ji at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Mar 23 12:12:57 AEST 1990

Hello,

I'm trying to configure an PS/2 AIX 1.1 kernel so that it doesn't
swap.  With 16M in my machines, I don't see a reason why I should
bother with swapping (why, the default swap space size is something
like 4MB!!!).  However, the kernel insists on allocating swap space on
the swap device even though it's never going to *need* it.

Has anyone done this before? How hard is it? If I don't have any swap
partitions on my disk, the kernel panics with the insulting message
"can't add a paging device".

Thanks in advance,

/ji

In-Real-Life: John "Heldenprogrammer" Ioannidis
E-Mail-To: ji at cs.columbia.edu
V-Mail-To: +1 212 854 5510
P-Mail-To: 450 Computer Science \n Columbia University \n New York, NY 10027
--
#include <appropriate_disclaimers>

VOICE: 	+1 212 280 5510			INET: ji at garfield.columbia.EDU
USnail:	John Ioannidis