Display Synch In DOS/X

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Wed Mar 28 04:06:34 AEST 1990

I am running DOS Merge under X ("XMERGE=true;export XMERGE") with AIX 1.1.
I believe there is an option which requires the display to remain in synch
with the output from the application (or, conversely, permits the
application output to be un-synchronized with the application).
When the output from the DOS application gets ahead of the X display,
the display "jumps" forward to where the output is, skipping intermediate
output.

In fact, I think that I may have even set this option to un-synch things at
one time.  However, I cannot find any doc on it, and cannot seem to force
synchronization.  In some cases, I need complete synchronization (i.e. editing
under Turbo-C can end up with characters on the X display that are not in
DOS's virtual screen memory.)

Anyone know how to force display/application synchronization in DOS Merge
running under X?

--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin