AIX/RS6000 cpp defined names

Marc J. Stephenson/140000;1C-22 marc at stingray..austin.ibm.com
Fri Mar 30 00:56:49 AEST 1990

In article <1041 at applix.com> jim at applix.com (Jim Morton) writes:
>>>I'd like to know the cpp names for the new IBM RISC/6000 machines. Example:
>>>#if defined(sun) || defined(alliant) || defined(???)
>>>#endif
>Is there a /etc/cc.cfg file in AIX 3 in the RS/6000? If so, it should
>have the default -D options listed. Can someone who has one of these
>animals check this and let us know? (AIX/RT has -Daiws and -DAIX).

The /etc/xlc.cfg file has -D_IBMR2 defined along with -D_AIX.
If one compiles with the ANSI version (xlc) rather than the extended
version (cc), then -D_ANSI_C_SOURCE gets added as well.  I believe that
the preceding '_' characters are courtesy of some standards committee.

Anyway, _IBMR2 is your answer; I suppose that it's subject to change before
the code ships, but I doubt it because we've got it all over our source
code (and in a few system include files as well).

Marc Stephenson (marc at stingray.austin.ibm.com)
DISCLAIMER: The content of this posting is independent of official IBM position.
External: uunet!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!stingray.austin.ibm.com!marc
Internal: marc at stingray.austin.ibm.com 	VNET: MARC at AUSVM6  T/L: 793-3796