Re-cycling my RT

Dick Gill rg at gandp
Sun Nov 18 03:35:07 AEST 1990

We have an 18-month old RT that we used for porting our software
products.  Since we will now be moving to the RS/6000, the RT is
excess baggage; we have more than enough other unix machines to
serve our in-house needs.  My inquiries on the net and elsewhere
indicate that there is zero market to sell this machine, so I am
investigating its use for other purposes.

What we really need is a file server for a Novell network, and I
was wondering if it would be feasible to run DOS/Netware on the
RT?  I understand that the system uses an AT bus and wonder if some
hardware modifications would convert what I have into what I
need?

Please e-mail responses; I will summarize to the net if there is
interest.

Thanks.

Dick Gill