building shared libraries

rudy at chukran rudy at chukran
Tue Oct 16 02:39:46 AEST 1990

> Concerning my previous post: I have now succeeded in getting
> the program to find the shared library at run-time.  Unfortunately,
> I now get the following error:
>
>    Could not load program test_program
>    Could not load library libtest.0.1.a[shared_object.o]
>    Error was: Exec format error

It looks like the library was built correctly.  I suspect that problem is
in the test_program driver.   It should be linked using cc (or xlf or whatever)
like so:  cc -o test_program a.o b.o ..... -ltest.0.1
and presuming the library lives in /lib or /usr/lib
Rudy Chukran            |       EMAIL:
IBM AIX Porting Center  | RSCS: CHUKRAN at AUSTIN
11400 Burnet Rd.        | AWDnet: rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com
Internal ZIP 2830       | internet: chukran at austin.iinus1.ibm.com
Austin, Texas 78758     | Voice: 512-838-4674  Tieline: 678-4674