Porting TCSH to RS/6000 w/ AIX 3

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Oct 11 04:35:12 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct9.052828.11184 at panews> steve at ibmsupt.UUCP (Steve DeJarnett) writes:
>	Probably something like 4 times per input line, right??  Actually, I
>think it's any 4 characters, but return is always the most common candidate.

4 is a significant "magic number"; it's the value of the default EOT
character.  System V multiplexes the EOT character in the termio structure
with the non-canonicalizing VMIN field.  If whoever ported the software
failed to take this into account, they probably left the EOF character
in the termio field when switching to non-canonicalizing mode.  The bug
should be easily locatable in the source code..