Multi-product Install Tape AIX 1.2

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Fri Oct 26 03:35:58 AEST 1990

I'd like to create a multi-product install tape for AIX 1.2.
By this, I mean that I want to put, on a single tape, an install
for TCP/IP, X, ADTK, OS Extensions, etc.

I do NOT want to just create several backups on one tape! I want to create
a tape that will give me one execution of "installp" that will install the
entire series.  (I'm going to several of our sites, to install AIX 1.2,
and I'd like to do it with a couple of tapes, instead of 110 diskettes.)

My first idea was to just restore all the files from all the floppies
into a single directory, and then create a backup tape with these files.
This seems to work for a single product, but I suspect I'll have to do
more to install multiple products (such as update a control or menu
file somewhere).

Any suggestions?
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."