TeX for RISC6000 again

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Thu Oct 18 01:13:55 AEST 1990

In article <3627 at syma.sussex.ac.uk>, andrewn at syma.sussex.ac.uk (Andrew
D Nimmo) writes:
Andrew> 	Just before the RS6000 was announced, I wrote to IBM
Andrew> asking if they would like TeX ported to their new machines, in
Andrew> return for time on the machines.  After much delay I was told
Andrew> that Univ. Washington where preparing a port---I don't know if
Andrew> this was officially undertaken, but IBM gave me the impression
Andrew> that a working TeX would be available soon (I was told this ~6
Andrew> months ago)

Andrew> 	I guess someone official at u.wash can help.

I have it from reliable sources that the IBM port of TeX 2.95 is now
available as a product, at least domestically. Take the following to
your local rep.:
			PRPQ P91068
			Program number 5799-DRR

Numerous people, though, have reported successful porting of the 3.0
distribution from labrea.stanford.edu (don't use ANSI prototypes and
some string function definitions may be incorrect)...

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +