Sendmail and MX records.

Scott Holt scott at prism.gatech.EDU
Mon Oct 1 04:59:15 AEST 1990

Does anyone know of a way to make Sendmail under AIX 3.1 understand
nameserver MX records? Our primary mail drop here is a domain called
prism.gatech.edu - which is actually an MX record pointing to
hydra.gatech.edu in our name server. Our 6000s seem to have trouble
sending mail to the prism domain; they claim that its an unknown host.
Adding prism as an alias for hydra in my local /etc/hosts file works,
but this is a kludge and impossible to maintain for similar mail
domains.

If the big clue here is something other than "port Sendmail 5.61", please
let me know.

Thanks,
- Scott