Help with RS/6000 and Multiport Tranceiver unit

Christina W Mercier cwm at lanl.gov
Tue Oct 2 09:17:42 AEST 1990

 I connected my RS/6000 to a Cabletron multiport tranceiver unit
 and the 6000 never receives a response to a ping or any other
 command.  If I reconnect to the main ethernet, it works again.
 I tried all ports with the same result and my Sun works just
 fine.  As far as I know there is nothing in the cabletron box
 that would cause the 6000 any problem.  The port light does flash
 so output is getting to the cabletron box.  Has anyone seen this
 problem and/or know of a fix?

 Chris Mercier cwm at lanl.gov