How to link a program with my own library file?

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Wed Oct 31 04:46:18 AEST 1990

In article <26374.272c60f8 at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>,
jian at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
Jian>   How can I link a program with my own library file "xxxx.a"
Jian> when using cc to compile the program? AIX is new to me. I try to
Jian> port my project from Ultrix to AIX. What should I do in the
Jian> "Makefile"? What's difference on the "Makefile between Utrix and
Jian> AIX. Any helps appreciated.

Try the standard:
cc -o <executable name> <various .o files> xxxx.a

Not much differences between makes of different systems, unless you
use GNU make options... Are you really asking what compiler options to
use or something?

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +