minidisks command won't delete

Mike Jones mjones at fenway.aix.kingston.ibm.com
Tue Oct 23 00:19:19 AEST 1990

In article <1418 at msa3b.UUCP>, kevin at msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
> I need to delete my /u minidisk, in order to reallocate it.

You need to bring up the system from the maintenance diskette. Certain
minidisks (/, /local, /u, and /tmp I think) are marked as "system"
minidisks, which are created automagically at installation and which can
only be removed while running from the maintenance diskette.
--
Mike Jones         | The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice
AIX Development    | in Wonderland"; but that's because it's the best book