rdump to sun with Exabyte drive

Eric L. Nelson auvnele at auvc7.tamu.edu
Thu Oct 25 07:10:59 AEST 1990

I'm trying to do an rdump from an RS/6000 to a sun 4/330 which has an
exabyte 8mm drive. No matter what I put on the -l number2 (the -l
option specifies the max number of blocks to transfer to the remote
media) it always dumps out some of amount and then asks for a second
tape. I only have ~400 meg to write so I know I'm not putting more
than the tape can hold.

If I try to specify the -b number1 (block size) it locks up.
Permissions are not the problem because I am dumping something.

Here is my exact command:

rdump -0 -c -l1000000 -f host:/dev/nrst9 /

Has anyone done something similar with success?

Thanks