GNU make on RS/6000

uri at arnor.uucp uri at arnor.uucp
Wed Oct 31 11:41:46 AEST 1990

---------
In article <999 at pan.UUCP>, jw at pan.UUCP (Jamie Watson) writes:
|> Has anyone successfully compiled GNU make on an RS/6000 with AIX 3.1?
                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is there any other operating system running on this box? (Just
curious).

Well, the answer is: yes I did.

|> If so, what version of GNU make and what patch level of AIX was it?

AIX "Golden" v.3.1. GNU Make 3.58. I'm not aware of any "patches".

|> I'm trying to compile make 3.58, and I'm having lots of trouble with
|> the archive scanning functions.

Yeah, I had some troubles too (:-).

I needed it ("make", not troubles :-) to play with ISODE 6.2
(ISODE didn't quite like standard "make").

Regards,
Uri Blumenthal			uri at ibm.com,angmar!uri