getpid() kernel service

Herbert van den Bergh hbergh at oracle.nl
Tue Oct 9 01:53:52 AEST 1990

Hi there,

I'm using an IBM RISC System/6000 with AIX 3.1 9021 + July update.

I'm currently writing a kernel extension. This is a routine
which will be loaded into the kernel after the system is booted
and can be called like a system call from user processes.

In the manual, and in Info, a kernel service routine getpid()
is mentioned which returns the process id of the process executing
the kernel extension. However, this routine is not included in
/lib/kernex.exp.

My questions are:
Can I just add getpid to /lib/kernex.exp, so I can bind my kernel extension?
Or can I make my own .exp file with
	#! /unix
	getpid
in there?
Why was it not in /lib/kernex.exp? Is there a problem with it?
Shouldn't I be using it?

I tried accessing the u-block directly from my kernel extension,
but the binder couldn't resolve the external reference to it either.

I need an answer real soon.
Thanks in advance.

--
Herbert van den Bergh, ORACLE Europe	hbergh at oracle.nl, hbergh at oracle.com
Rijnzathe 6, NL-3454 PV De Meern	uunet!mcsun!orcenl!hbergh