Got Update. But what is it?

jim frost madd at world.std.com
Wed Oct 3 07:42:27 AEST 1990

lusgr at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu (Steve Roseman) writes:
>I just got an AIX 3.1 update tape from IBM.  I guess it is the famous 'July' or
>3001 update, but it doesn't say.  All it has in the form of an 'update level' is
>the designation U401153, both on the tape and printed release notes.

>Is it me, or that rather cryptic?  The early release designations like 9013 and
>9021 actually meant something (although my GA release tape said only 'R01M00'.)
>Or maybe AIX 3.1-n might make sense.  But U401153?

>Comments?

I'm pretty sure this is the update tape that follows 3001; it updates
ypbind to fix problems with -m and fixes a problem with the update
commands.  The 3001 tape says "3001" on it pretty clearly.  This new
tape hasn't arrived here yet (although our IBM rep told me about it
weeks ago) so I can't be absolutely sure.

jim frost
saber software
jimf at saber.com