NFS mounting from within program (AIX 1.2)

Ge van Geldorp ge at dutlru1.tudelft.nl
Fri Oct 5 07:36:54 AEST 1990

How do I mount a remote NFS filesystem from within a program? I know I have
to talk to the remote rpc.mountd first, then setup a nfs_args structure which
should be passed to some system call. Peeking through libc.a, I found a
nfs_mount() routine, but I could not find a single reference to this routine
in the docs. What arguments does it take?
I am not interested in solutions doing something like system("mount..."), I
need to duplicate the functionality of the mount command in my own program.
BTW, this is AIX PS/2 1.2

Ge van Geldorp
ge at dutlru2.tudelft.nl
...!uunet!hp4nl!dutlru2.tudelft.nl!ge