RS/6000 termcap question

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Wed Oct 3 01:04:12 AEST 1990

In article <6916 at adobe.UUCP>, jensen at adobe.com (Freddy Jensen) writes:
Freddy>    I have a question about termcap on the RS/6000:
Freddy>    On my sun I have (in my .login) some stuff that allows me
Freddy> to point to various "termcap" files, and set the $term
Freddy> variable, so I can make any terminal work reasonable
Freddy> (including my dial-up from home).
Freddy>    I can't make it work on the RS/6000, because it doesn't use
Freddy> termcap.
Freddy>    What does it use, and how do I set it up ?

It uses the standard System V terminfo, with a termcap compatibility
library for application compatibility. Take a look at the flat text
terminal definition files in /usr/lib/terminfo to find out which
terminals are supported and roll your own for those that have no
definitions to compile with "tic". Anyway, a quick search through info
using "tic" and "terminfo" as search words should yield some results;
then just export the proper TERM environment variable!

					Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +