building X11R4 libraries on RS/6000

Andrew J. Schorr schorr at ead.dsa.com
Mon Oct 8 04:47:12 AEST 1990

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but, in any case:

I'm trying to build the X11 R4 libraries (libX11, Xt, Xmu, Xaw)
on an IBM RS/6000 running AIX 3.1.  Does anyone have an imake
configuration file for this platform?  I'm aware of the imake stuff
supplied with IBM's X-windows R3 software, but this is not terribly
compatible with the R4 imake setup.

Also, does anyone have a list of necessary changes to the source?

Please respond via e-mail; if there is sufficient interest, I will
summarize.

Thanks in advance,
Andy
schorr at ead.dsa.com

P.S.  I'm assuming that the resulting libraries will work O.K.
 with IBM's R3 server.  If that is not the case, I would be
 interested in hearing about it.