Access NFS partitions via DOSmerge on AIX 1.2

Richard A Johnson raj at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 12 10:55:19 AEST 1990

I have a PS/2 model 80 running AIX 1.2 with DOSmerge installed.  I have found
that under DOSmerge I can do "dir" of directories which are NFS mounted on the
system, however I have read and write problems when I try to access those files.

I also see the same problem using AADU from a DOS system across the network.
Once again, I can *see* the files just fine, but I can't read or write them.

Has anyone seen this?  Is there a simple fix?

/raj