Informix OnLine on RS/6000

Jeff W. Stewart jws at mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Wed Oct 24 00:26:08 AEST 1990

Risc System 6000 - AIX 3.1 with 3001 update (03.01.0001)

I'm trying to bring up Informix OnLine (version 4.00) on our AIX
machine and run into the following problem when trying to run tbinit:

	oasis $ tbinit
	tbinit: fatal error in shared memory initialization

I think I have Informix configured correctly and Informix didn't have
any suggestions as to what might be wrong.  Is there some authorization
or initialization that must be done before shared memory can be used?
Does anyone have Informix OnLine running under AIX 3.1?

	Thanks,
	- Jeff Stewart <jws at cc.purdue.edu>
	Purdue University Computing Center