Running info remotely

gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu
Tue Oct 23 01:36:14 AEST 1990

Hi

I am trying to use info-explorer from a Personal IRIS. I either use

	info -g -display P_Iris_name

or I open an xterm to the Personal Iris from where I just type info. I had a
lot of problems, because all windows will open up properly, but no text could
be found. I finally traced this to the fact that the info uses Andrew fonts and
that the /usr/lpp/info/X11fonts/fonts.alias file had the necessary aliases that
one needs. I added them in the format the SGI requires to the
/usr/NeWS/fonts/fmaliases and restarted the X-server. Now, most of the fonts
are appearing properly, but those that should appear in the little rectangles
at the bottom of the windows are not appearing properly. As far as I know, my
fmaliases file contains all entries  that appear in
/usr/lpp/info/X11fonts/fonts.alias and mapped to the available fonts on the
Personal Iris. If anyone else has done this or has any clue on what exactly are
the equivalent Postscript fonts that are used by info please let us know.
Thanks.

Ravi