remote (PostScript) printing to non-AIX hosts

Jason Heirtzler jdh at bu-pub.bu.edu
Thu Oct 11 03:07:30 AEST 1990

We're running AIX 3.1 ("golden code") and I can set up remote printers
okay, but I'm having problems with the remote PostScript printing.  The InfoExplorer seems to say that you need to define another layer called
a "virtual printer" in order to do this.  This seems like a clever idea,
but I'm having problems setting it up.

The key to this seems to be /etc/mkvirprt, but I'm not sure how this is
supposed to work.  Can someone who has done this give an example?

Am I correct in assuming that the only PostScript printer supported in
this release is the TI2115?   Will this be changing?

Jason Heirtzler           (617) 353-2780       jdh at bu-pub.bu.edu
Information Technology    Boston University    ..!bu.edu!bu-pub!jdh