getopt (3) problem?

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Thu Sep 13 04:22:58 AEST 1990

>In compiling and running some things, I have found that getopt doesn't act
>right. When it runs out of parameters instead of returning an EOF it returns
>a -1.

You mean EOF *isn't* -1 on whatever kind of system you're using?  (It's
presumably some flavor of AIX system; since you say it works OK on PS/2s
and 370's, if you mean it works OK on those systems under AIX, I assume
the system in question is an RT or RS6000.)  EOF is #defined as -1 in
all the UNIX systems with which I'm familiar.