nits (gethostbyaddr(), alloca())

Andrew Vignaux Andrew.Vignaux at comp.vuw.ac.nz
Mon Sep 3 18:59:38 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug24.050106.16560 at panews>, steve at qe2.awdpa.ibm.com
(Steve DeJarnett) writes:
|> 	One more time....  alloca is defined by placing a
|> #pragma alloca
|>
|> 	Hope that helps someone else who may be about to build EMACS.

One thing I found while trying to build emacs was that the pragma has
to be asserted before any "real" C code is seen by the compiler.
Unfortunately, emacs includes <signal.h> first in some files, so it
can give the "config.h" a chance to fix things up, so I can't put the
pragma in "config.h".

Is there any way of declaring the pragma from the command line?

[ We don't have "info" yet because supplies for the CD-rom player are
  low in NZ ]

Andrew
Domain address: Andrew.Vignaux at comp.vuw.ac.nz