xlc

John F Carr jfc at athena.mit.edu
Tue Sep 4 07:55:38 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep3.190213.3089 at world.std.com> madd at world.std.com (jim frost) writes:
>jfc at athena.mit.edu (John F Carr) writes:
>>The other error was just 1501-230 without any other explanatory text.
>
>This sounds like the internal error you get when you set up bsdcc as
>mentioned in the bsdport document.  If you do this, remove the
>switches that tell it to use /lib/cpp.  That preprocessor internal
>errors if a #pragma alloca is contained in the source.

I refuse to use "bsdcc" for the same reason I never use hc -Hpcc on the RT:
I believe in fixing the program, not the compiler (also, using bsdcc means
turning off some optimizations).

I think this is the stanza I used:
xcc:    use        = DEFLT
        crt        = /lib/crt0.o
        mcrt       = /lib/mcrt0.o
        gcrt       = /lib/gcrt0.o
        libraries  = -lc
        proflibs   = -L/lib/profiled,-L/usr/lib/profiled
        options    = -H512,-T512

(this is the default, except with strict type checking and read-only strings).

--
    --John Carr (jfc at athena.mit.edu)