DOS merge on AIX PS2 Vsn 1.2 and Mouse.

Francis Demierre francis at hslrswi.UUCP
Sat Sep 1 10:58:19 AEST 1990

I was (re)installing DOS Merge today and I got a little problem:

   is it possible to use the MOUSE under Dos Merge (AIX Vsn. 1.2 and
   DOS Merge 1.1 + Latest updates) ?

   From AIX, as user root, i ran 'dos' and then I installed MOUSE.com
   in c:\usr\dbin and tried to run it. At this point, the machine just hung.

   I then tried to set a higher interrupt clock rate using 'merge set fastclk
   on 18' and tried MOUSE.COM again.  This time it did not hang but said
   something like "Mouse is not installed".

Any idea if the mouse can be used and which steps are needed for this ?

(Please no RTFM, I searched for it but there was no specific mentions
 of mouse usage)

Thanks in advance for any help/clue.

Francis.

PS: I have no DOS partitions installed (either physical or virtual).