elm 2.3 PL6 on RS/6000 AIX

Eliot Lim eliot at lanmola.engr.washington.edu
Fri Sep 28 10:46:53 AEST 1990

In article <822 at lafayet.UUCP> rob at lafayet.UUCP (Rob Freyder) writes:

>	I am trying to get elm 2.3PL6 going under AIX on a RS/6000.
>
>char *strtok()  ... I think its line 45
>
>the error is
>
>PARAMETER LIST CANNOT CONTAIN FEWER PARAMETERS THAT REQUIRED BY THE MACRO
>DEFINITION.

I got elm running on mine, but I don't know if my method is the
easiest (probably not).  I got the exact same err. msg and I ended up
going into all the source files and zapping the definition of strcmp()
since it's already defined elsewhere.  For some reason the compiler
doesn't like strcmp() defined in the source (or was it strncmp(),
anyway it's one of those).  Once I zapped it, everything went real
smooth.  I had to change the flock call somewhere from RO to RW
to get past that too.

Good luck

Eliot