multiple tcp/ip AIX 1.2

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Fri Sep 7 02:00:43 AEST 1990

In article <769 at romed.UUCP> pete at romed.UUCP (Pete Rourke) writes:

>Has anyone successfully installed dual TCP/IP connections in a PS/2? I am
>trying to connect TCP/IP to a Token Ring AIX network, and as well install
>a Dickens Data Ethernet board in the same machine to talk to NFS & non-IBM
>equipment like 1. SCO, 2. AUX 3. Sun

Yes, I have done this many places. There is no problem setting up a PS/2 as
a gateway with dual ethernet cards that I am aware of. My only question is
what the heck is a Dickens Data ethernet card?? They must be putting their
own name on another manufacturers board. The only ethernet interfaces that
are supported are UngermanBass (sp?) and 3Comm so hopefully its one of the
two of those.

>I have also come to realize that the different TCP/IP sendmail schemes might
>be a monsterous nightmare. At least it is on SCO.

Sendmail doesn't deal with issues like routing, it lives in the world of
DNS, so as long as it can resolve its addresses whether via nameservice
or hosts it should be happy. In fact, I can't think of any aspect of
sendmail configuration that would be affected by this. As for SCO, well, I
tried to help someone get mail working on an SCO system on our network
and as far as I could tell their sendmail was badly broken. It didn't
use nameservice (which we use company wide) and even with a hosts file it
was still non-functional in other ways I don't completely recall. Were I
to run SCO I would be off trying to build the latest sendmail source for
myself.

Disclaimer: These opinions are mine, not necessarily LCC's or IBM's.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM