C-Fortran cocktail ('6000)

jim frost madd at world.std.com
Tue Sep 4 04:53:22 AEST 1990

3003jalp at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Applied Magnetics) writes:
>Where are the linkage conventions of xlc and xlf documented?

The best documentation on the linkage conventions is in the info
document "Subroutine Linkage Conventions".  Beware that this document
is incorrect in describing the method of passing floats to subroutines
and in the calling conventions for varargs functions.  I recommend
disassembling some simple functions if you want to know how to do
those things.

If you don't have info online I strongly recommend putting it there
despite the disk usage.  It's the best documentation I've ever seen
for any computer system.

Happy hacking,

jim frost
saber software