letter campaign ('6000)

Applied Magnetics 3003jalp at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
Sat Sep 15 04:04:59 AEST 1990

You probably noticed the price difference between a 2-user AIX license
and a 32-user license.  We sure did.  We are setting up a few machines
for a few users, and we want the option to
  1) let anyone remote-login to any machine at any time;
  2) let anyone login under multiple userid's on his or other
     machines (handy for software development).

A 2-user license won't cut it.  A 32-user license costs extra.
Following the advice from out local IBM reps, we made a request for
quotation: will IBM sell us an 8-user license, and for how much.  The
reply: denied, due to lack of official demand.  An "official demand" is
a written request from a customer.

Soooo,
if you too would like IBM to price breakpoints between 2 and 32,
do us all a favor and ASK IN WRITING!

  --P. Asselin
Disclaimer: I speak for my employer.
	   (I always wanted to say that)