Files for emacs 18.55 on RS/6000

Peter Blemel msinc at nmt.edu
Wed Sep 19 10:10:56 AEST 1990

I posted this question also, and got only replys from people who also wanted it.

I have finally restored an old IBM distribution version of emacs that I was
lucky enough to find.  It needed to be recompiled due to what I assume were
shared library inconsistancies.

Assuming that being EMACS it can be redistributed regardless of where it came
from, I'm willing to make it available.  Regrettably my source is 18.52 and
this source is 18.55 so I can only diff against 18.52. I do know that the
18.52 distribution was being painful in compiling (before I got lucky and ran
into this tape), so  I expect that the changes are significant.

The machine it's on is unfortunately 80 miles away from this account. If there
is sufficient demand, I'll kermit it down here and we can figure out what to
do with it from here (a 'real' internet machine ).  Or I can mail it to people
with internet style addresses directly from my local machine which has a
UUCP link to the outside world.  I can also set up an anonymous uucp to my
machine (telebit t1000 modem, 9600/2400 baud) or let you kermit it off.

Peter Blemel
Voice (505) 255 - 8611
bbx!yenta!msinc!peter at unmvax.cs.unm.edu